Looking “pulled together” doesn’t have to be time-consuming, nor does it need to be mind-consuming!
Being too matchy matchy can look cool (like my great grandma’s jewelry set of earrings, necklace, & bracelet), but aside from that…it looks awesome to have your look be cohesive without looking like you had to try too hard!
My hope is that you WON’T have to think too much with this to achieve the “Oh you always look so put together” comments.
The Big “trick” is … Tie an accessory in with another accessory (no matter the outfit)
– Think brownish belt with a shoe that has brown in it.
– Silver necklace? Pair it with a metallic shoe or cuff.
– Pop of color in your clothing? Add another pop on your lip, wrist, belt, shoe, etc.
– Even if you wear stud earrings, tie in the same color somewhere else.
-The detail in your jacket, like a zipper? Play that up with a similar colored shoe.
– Ha… I bet you’re getting the point!
You don’t have to be a big accessories wearer to get a “pulled together look”
– Tie in the outfit with your hues.
– A brown/tan/white top with a brown shoe will do the trick. There is usually some sort of button or stitching that pulls the brown in!
– Wear a black top underneath any color of the jacket, dress, etc. and put on a black shoe (sneakers count).
– Same goes with a vibrant colored top…a jean, skirt, pant, then a colored shoe – even if it isn’t the same color, still very cool!
Below are some visuals of client looks.
The older pic of my red pop is just another example.. I hope all of this helps!!